Training for something awesome and looking for inspirational words and powerful quotes to maximize your perseverance and crush your biggest goals? If yes, let me tell you something: You got this!
You’re going to love this collection of my best training quotes, running quotes, and perseverance quotes from the best athletes in the world including Eliud Kipchoge (and many more).
Inspirational words have the power to:
- Inspire us to think better
- Motivate us in our training
- Empower us to persevere through adversity in life
- Achieve our goals in athletics
- Live life to the fullest
The right quote (at the right time) has the power to motivate, inspire, and empower you towards more success in life.
Training Quotes: Why Inspirational Words And Powerful Quotes Matter
Let’s start with quotes by Muhammad Ali and other greats.
- “I hated every minute of training, but I said, Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Muhammad Ali
- “It’s in my blood to be around people while I was training.” – Muhammad Ali
- “I firmly believe that sleep and recovery are critical aspects of an effective and holistic training program.” – Tom Brady
- “I really love training and being in good shape, and it’s so much a part of my life now, so it never really feels like work to me.” – Tom Brady
- “I don’t really think about the degree of difficulty or the possibility of making a mistake.” – Simone Biles
- “I spend a lot of time in the gym training.” – Simone Biles
- “What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn’t think I could life another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “I always think you learn a lot by listening.” – Derek Jeter
- “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” – Derek Jeter
- “I don’t adjust my training for any of my opponents. I don’t watch films on my opponents.” – Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
- “I train and I go home, and when I’m home, I think about training. That’s my life every day, and that’s it.” – Conor McGregor
- “I like what I am doing. I enjoy all parts of the game – the team building, training camp, game days, the excitement of Sunday… it beats working.” – Bill Belichick
- “Skateboarding is training, but I don’t think of it as training. It’s fun.” – Shaun White
- “I have kept a training diary to record my training plans and my feelings and emotions for a long time.” Eliud Kipchoge
- “After a hard day of training, you could eat a rattlesnake.” – Elvis Presley
Training For Life
If you want to get better at anything, be constantly curious about the right stuff.
Do you know that if you repeat certain words daily, you’ll consciously target your subconscious mind?
Well, it’s true, you can start to perform better unconsciously by embracing the power of inspirational quotes.
But there’s a catch. If you fill your brain with negative words, you can decrease your performance.
The point is this:
Curiosity can breed mastery so make sure you’re filling your brain with the right information. The right words. And the right inspirational quotes.
The most important part?
Don’t just browse through quotes mindlessly.
So let’s begin with some inspirational running quotes from a world-class marathon runner.
And there’s no better way than kicking that off with the wise words of Greatest Of All Time (GOAT): marathon runner Eliud Kipchoge.
“Whether you’re in training for a big goal, you love motivational quotes or something in between: these running quotes will inspire you. And most importantly, they can be applied to your life too.” – Eliud Kipchoge
Here are a few more about persevering to succeed in running and in life:
Now, let’s dive into the mindset of the greatest marathon runner on planet earth.
- “Only the disciplined ones in life are free. If you aren’t disciplined, you are a slave to your moods. You are a slave to your passions. That’s a fact.” – Eliud Kipchoge
- “You should stick to your priorities.” – Eliud Kipchoge
- “With a strong heart and a good mind, you can do it.” – Eliud Kipchoge
- “No human is limited.” – Eliud Kipchoge
As you read through these quotes, think about why you want to succeed and reflect on how they can help you with with your training to achieve your personal and professional goals.
Next, let’s go through goal setting quotes.
Dream Big Quotes
In this section, you’ll get goal setting quotes about living your dreams.
- “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Goals transform a random walk into a chase.” – Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- “If you set goals and go after them with all the determination you can muster, your gifts will take you places that will amaze you.” – Les Brown
- “Your goals are the road maps that guide you and show you what is possible for your life.” – Les Brown
- “Everyone has a purpose in life and a unique talent to give to others. And when we blend this unique talent with service to others, we experience the ecstasy and exultation of our own spirit, which is the ultimate goal of all goals.” – Kallam Anji Reddy
- “Stay focused, go after your dreams and keep moving toward your goals.” – LL Cool J
- “All good performance starts with clear goals.” – Ken Blanchard
- “Keep yourself motivated. You’ve got to be motivated, you’ve got to wake up every day and understand what that day is about; you’ve got to have personal goals – short term goals, intermediate goals, and long term goals. Be flexible in getting to those goals, but if you do not have goals, you will not achieve them.” – Gary Cohn
- “Goals help you channel your energy into action.” – Les Brown
- “I learned to put 100 percent into what you’re doing. I learned about setting goals for yourself, knowing where you want to be, and taking small steps toward those goals. I learned about adversity and how to get past it.” – Kristi Yamaguchi
- “In absence of clearly defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily acts of trivia.” – Author Unknown
- “If you’re bored with life – you don’t get up every morning with a burning desire to do things – you don’t have enough goals.” – Lou Holt
- “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” – Tony Robbins
- “The tragedy of life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goals to reach.” – Benjamin E. Mays
- “Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.” – Brian Tracy
- “Recast your current problems into proactive goals.” – Suze Orman
- “If you set your goals ridiculously high, and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success.” – James Cameron
- “You should set goals beyond your reach, so you always have something to live for.” – Ted Turner
- “You control your future, your destiny. What you think about comes about. By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. Put your future in good hands – your own.” – Mark Victor Hansen
- “Goals are dreams with deadlines.” – Diana Scharf
- “Life can be pulled by goals just as surely as it can be pushed by drives.” – Viktor Frankl
- “It’s harder to stay on top than it is to make the climb. Continue to seek new goals.” – Pat Summitt
- “I do know that when I am 60, I should be attempting to achieve different personal goals than those which had priority at age 20.” – Warren Buffett
- “It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.” – Muhammad Ali
- “I’m not the guy who’s afraid of failure. I like to take risks, take the big shot and all that.” – Steph Curry
- “You can’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get.” – Michael Phelps
- “Begin with the end in mind” – Stephen Covey
- “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” – Albert Einstein
- “If you aim for nothing, you’ll hit it every time.” – Source unknown
- “The greater danger for most of us isn’t that our aim is too high and miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.” – Michelangelo
- “A goal properly set is halfway reached.” – Zig Ziglar
Next, let’s dive into perseverance quotes from other champion athletes:
- “It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up.” – Vince Lombardi
- “The game has its ups and downs, but you can never lose focus on your individual goals, and you can’t let yourself be beaten because of lack of effort.” – Michael Jordan
- “A lot of people, when a guy scores a lot of goals, think, ‘He’s a great player’ because a goal is very important, but a great player is a player who can do everything on the field. He can do assists, encourage his colleagues, give them the confidence to go forward. It is someone who, when a team does not do well, becomes one of the leaders.” – Pele
- “Be the best version of yourself in anything that you do. You don’t have to live anybody else’s story.” – Steph Curry
- “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
- “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
- “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” John Wooden
“A champion is someone who gets up when he can’t.” – Jack Dempsey
You Can Do It Quotes
Finally, let’s look at you can do it quotes.
- “When you’re in comedy, people always come up and say, ‘Oh, it must be hard.’ It really isn’t hard unless you’re not good at it. If you can do it, it’s really kind of fun and easy.” – Jerry Seinfeld
- “If you dream and you believe, you can do it.” – Sean Combs
- “I decided in the bigger matches to take it more to my opponent instead of waiting a bit more for the mistakes.” – Roger Federer
- “You don’t need a corporation or a marketing company to brand you now: you can do it yourself. You can establish who you are with a social media following.” – Ray Allen
- “The question really is, are you improving the world? And you can do that in many models. You can do that in government, you can do that in a nonprofit, and you can do it in commercial enterprise.” – Jeff Bezos
Hope you enjoy reading these quotes, But more importantly, I hope these inspirational words and powerful quotes help you succeed at ALL of your goals and dreams.